Monday, May 08, 2006

No NYU for me

Well, the verdict is in. No, NYU for me. I still haven't gotten the official letter yet but I spoke to the director of admissions and she said "I can tell you that you have not been given admission." Apparently my grades weren't high enough, gah! they are now (I'll know for sure on Wednesday) but that doesn't help me unless I decide to reapply next year.

A friend of our family is the President of the Global Security Council and his letterhead includes names like Jane Goodall and the Dalai Lama to name a few. He wrote me an AWESOME reference letter but unfortunately he didn't finish it until Friday night. He was going to fax it first thing this morning but when I called for the fax number they told me my application had already been processed. They said that unless the letter was from a professor it wouldn't change anything. It's an amazing letter, so I told him it was up to him as to whether or not he wanted to still send it. So, we'll see.

I can't help but think that that fiasco with the transcript was a sign of the inevitable. But I also can't help but wonder if all of the application materials had just fallen in line right away and NYU administration had been more organized in the transcript department, if it would have made a difference. Oh well, what's done is done right? Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

For now, Rye-High it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»