Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Job Hunt Continues...Slowly

I keep telling myself that the job hunt is harder for me, and so it's okay if I don't find employment right away. But as my friends start new jobs and go on interviews right and left, it is getting harder and harder to ignore my restless brain and...as Roger would say, "Zoom in on my empty wallet!" I sent off a bunch of the 'Summer Work Experience' apps that I've been putting together this week. So we'll see if anything comes of that. But as today's Thursday, I eagerly checked the NOW Magazine classifieds to see if anything interesting had materialized over the last week. I was pleased to find that the UofT Access Center was hiring butI was slightly surprised however because my friend Emily told me about the position weeks ago, and as neither of us got any kind of response when we inquired, I just assumed the position had been filled. Well, talk about leading a person on! I got all excited at the prospect of a job in my preferred field, updated my cover letter and sent it off. Only to get an E-mail back from the coordinator a few minutes later saying that she had no idea how, or why the position ended up in NOW, and that the position had been filled!--COME ON! The Gods are seriously toying with me...geeze!

I noticed that a few more ArtsMarketing campaigns are hiring. Let me tell you, I'm almost to the point of going back to the TSO...though my friend Dawn's eerily accurate description of the position being "soul-sucking" still rings true in my ears...

Though, the good news is that if ABILITIES does end up taking my story, I won't have to worry about biases.=P I suppose every cloud has a silver lining.

No comments: