Friday, January 27, 2006

Sometimes a little padding is a good thing...

Okay, so tonight I got sucked into the Hollister machine...I'll admit it, my shopaholic tendencies are stronger than my moralistic ones. Despite my morals I've been admiring the Hollister jeans that a girl in my class has so I decided to bite the bullet and go and buy some. I was all ready to come back and write about what a hipocrite I was, how ashamed I was for falling victim to the teeny-bopper fad-- That was before I tried them on.

It's true that I'm due to lose a few pounds but I can generally find a pants that fit. I consider myself to be a pretty average size but clearly not "average Hollister size." First of all the largest size they make is an 11 (I'm usually a 10 and let me tell you, these were no 11s)--Forget about buttoning them...I couldn't even pull them up! The sales girl did warn me that they fit small and that most people have to buy a size bigger than they usually do. My first clue should've been the stick figure telling me that she usually takes a size 3, but at Hollister she's a 5. So, tonight my Hollister experience has left me $92 poorer, and feeling fat. The good news is though...in exchange for my extra pounds I get my morals back...and my money.

I've definitely learned my lesson, and I've got another con to add to my Hollister list. WTF? who's bright idea was it to have the biggest size be an 11? Props to Old Navy for their size 20!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That store (I haven't been in) seems like it's just another Abercrombie & Fitch clone. The same tired boring "worn in" t-shirts and cargo pants. *snore*.
As my mother commented yesterday "You need new jeans because the ones you have are worn out with too many holes, but at American Eagle, you'd pay good money for those holes". LOL...