Friday, January 06, 2006

Getting back into the swing of things...FINALLY!

We had our first coordinator meeting at work today. It was really good to see everyone again. I love how our meetings always end up being more like pizza parties than work, with everyone laughing all the way through. I think this semester is going to be really good. I'm really excited to start getting things underway and I'm really glad to have Kevin and Sabreen (our new coordinators) onboard. There's already so much to do. I still have to write our letter sabout the malfunctioning elevator in the Student Campus Centre and we dcided that all of the Community Service Groups are going to create a small campaign to try and encourage students to vote in the upcoming Federal Election. RyeACCESS is preparing a list of accessible polling stations and covering all of the parties positions on disability issues. It should be interesting, I look forward to reading all of the information that everyone pulls together. We're also screening the documentary Murderball at some point soon so we've got to start booking rooms and postering for that too. Oy, I hope I'm still standing by the end of this semester. I'm taking 7 classes AND working 15 hrs a week. This holiday definitely started to drag towards the end and I'm looking forward to having something to do again. Most of my classes look pretty good too. I'll let you know how I feel at the end of the week.

No comments: