Sunday, June 22, 2008

Click!

 I got a new camera last week, a green Casio EXILIM and apart from Small Sins' NXNE show in Dundas Square last Saturday, I haven't really had a chance to use it much. It was a beautiful day today and after a lovely Sunday afternoon, coffee catch-up with a friend of mine I didn't feel like heading straight home. So I decided to play shutterbug tourist in my own neighbourhood and take some shots of some of the random, crazy, beautiful things that I enjoy on my regular comings and goings...


One of the weird headlight-head guys. No idea what these are about, but at one point they were everywhere. Could be some kind of art, probably is some ad for a Vespa company or something=p. either way I find them mildly intriguing. 




The roses in the Queen Elizabeth Rose Garden in Grange Park are in full bloom. So pretty!!
The view up John St. on a Sunday afternoon--. Starbucks, CityTV and the CN Tower. I just thought it was very Toronto. 




My favourite circuit box and one of my fave pieces of Toronto street art/"graffitti"=). I have a piece by this artist in my kitchen and several buttons that sport some of his other little monster guys. Unfortunately I don't know his name but he's local and can sometimes be found selling his stuff around Queen and Spadina. 
This statue(s) is on Peter St. in front of the M5V condo presentation centre. My dad has christened it "I'm going to touch you."=p. They're slightly grim, but there's something friendly about them just the same. I wonder where they'll go when all the condos are sold?

Yes, I'll admit that taking pictures of FIDO ads is kind of lame, but these guys are just so silly and cute that I couldn't not include them in the things that make me happy in my neighbourhood right now=). 

P.S: I have to apologize for the photos that are horizontal that obviously shouldn't be. I have no idea why the won't turn so you'll just have to crane your neck ever so slightly. The formatting is a little off too, but that's Blogger's fault, boo!

No comments: