Saturday, March 18, 2006

Random stuff

I started writing a post about my trip to NYC in February but sadly that has had to be postponed a little longer. I promise you will get all the juicy details about my rendezvous with Anthony Rapp, who definitely didn't disappoint btw, but that will have to wait until I can remedy my camera issues. My computer has somehow erased the camera software and since I can't find the disc that poses a bit if a problem. My friend Kevin has the sam camera so I was getting him to upload my pics for me. But unfortunately his computer crashed over the break and he doesn't have the disc either! grr! So, once I have pictures to go with words you will get all the dirt on NYC.

Right now I am fighting extremely detrimental procrastination. I have never felt so unmotivated in my life. Crunch time has snuck up on me so suddenly that I can't help but be a tad worried=p. I have two feature articles and two essays to get done by the end of the month. I have no doubt that it will happen in some way or other but, blah! I have been putting so much energy into my NYU application and working at RyeACCESS that finding time to do homework has been difficult. However, the NYU app is ALMOST done, yay!!! I think I've finally got an essay that I'm happy with and there are just a few minor things to finish up on the application itself before I can send it off. I'm just waiting now for NYU to mail me my transcript from last summer. They said 5-10 business days so I'm hoping it'll get here in time. It was SUCH a hassle to work that out. I had forgotten that they had spelled my name wrong on my student card in the summer so I was in the NYU system as Saburah "Mardoch". Nobody could figure out why they couldn't find me, which as quite worrisome for a while. Eventually they found me though, not lost...just misplaced=p.

I have to start my Magazine stream application for Ryerson too--just in case I don't get into NYU=p. I've been feverishly thinking of interesting magazines that I can list to make me stand out.

Well, I haven't done any work all day, which was a big mistake since I promised to go to Peterborough to visit my grandparents tomorrow and probably won't get very much work done. I'm going to try and at least do some reading so that I don't feel like my brain is turning completely to mush=p.

No comments: