Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bleary-eyed and achey...but one wristband richer!

Ryerson has decided to rent space in their new business building to Best Buy and Canadian Tire. Not exactly educational, in fact, quite unpleasant. As if our campus wasn't corporate enough already. But I guess they had to pay for the building somehow. The Best Buy store is a big deal it seems and they're having a weekend of grand opening celebrations in Dundas Square, which include a free show by Beyonce tonight (skipping that) and John Mayer on Saturday. I took my fangirlishness to a new level this morning and got up at 5:00 A.M. to lineup at Best Buy to get a VIP wristband for Saturday (first 250 people in line were promised wristbands)--I think I'm officially on a John Mayer kick. I was sure I'd get there and there would be a million people in line but when I arrived at 6:30 I was #29. They kept telling us that despite the ad's promise of wristbands before noon they were going to wait until there were 250 people in line no matter how long it took. By 8:00 there was still only about 60 people in line and by the time they gave the wristbands out at 10:00 there had to only have been a little over 150...they took pity on us out in the cold and didn't make us wait any longer. I couldn't figure the low turn out! All I could think of was that people just assumed that there would be a lot of people there and didn't bother. It was very weird...I totally didn't need to get up so early, ARG! It worked out perfectly though. I had a class at 10:00 and I was worried they'd go over after all of the conflicting information we got about times. But they gave the wristbands out at exactly 10:00 and was able to make it to class in the alotted 10 minutes, yay! It was kind of an important class so I couldn't really miss it. But after waiting in line for 4 hours and having a guaranteed wristband, it would've been pretty tough to leave without getting it. But I didn't have to=).

Two John Mayer shows in less than a month woo!! It should be a lot of fun...even if I did get up at 5:00! I haven't listened to the new album yet. I'm saving it for the trip to school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoot! Congrats you super-fangirl :)